Legal Compliance is one of the most important issues that dealerships face today. Automobile and recreational vehicle dealers are more and more frequently the targets of lawsuits, enforcement actions, contract repurchases and, of course, the associated negative publicity. Attorneys general in many states identify accusations against dealerships as being their #1 concern, and recognize the political capital in going after dealers. An innocent dealer can easily become the target of a government investigation simply because a customer is trying to wiggle out of a transaction. Inattention to legal compliance may very well be a ticking time bomb because auto dealerships are considered to be very easy targets.
We offer a variety of regulatory compliance consultative services and training classes including:
- FTC Red Flags Rule
- Truth in Lending (Regulation Z)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Magnuson Moss Warranty Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
- Safeguard Rule
- California Car Buyers Bull of Rights (AB68)
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Consumer Leasing Act
- Cash Transaction Reports (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR)
- Odometer Statutes
Pricing for these services varies widely. Please contact us and let us know what training modules you need, for how many people, and where you are located. We will work together to develop a curriculum that will both meet your needs and surpass your expectations.